Recent Civil Rights Updates & Pride History
I am committed to advocating for equitable and equal healthcare coverage for all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and/or sexual orientation.
What Kind of Activist are You?
In this time of action, it is sometimes overwhelming or confusing to get started on your activism journey. Please consider taking my Activism Assessment quiz. Only 8 questions long, it will assess where you stand on the activism spectrum and, if requested, provide personalized ways you can step up your activism.
For additional resources, please visit the following organizations:
- The Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ youth advises others in state government on effective policies, programs, and resources for LGBTQ youth.
- Check out Day Health Strategies’ Unlocking Accountable Care Podcast Episode with Julian Dormitzer, the former chair of the Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ youth.
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25. Their crisis counselors are trained and always available to support the unique needs of LGBTQ young people, 24/7 and for free. 1-866-488-7386
- GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change. GLAAD protects all that has been accomplished and creates a world where everyone can live the life they love.
- For over 40 years, GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) has been fighting for full equality and justice for LGBTQ+ people and people living with HIV.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. In the nation’s capital and throughout the country, NCTE works to replace disrespect, discrimination, and violence with empathy, opportunity, and justice.
Thank you to AGUSTIN PAULLIER/AFP via Getty Images for our banner image