Here are some discussion topics for book clubs, student groups, or anyone who has read the book and wants to share the message with others!
- Talk about a time when you have personally been involved in activism.
- How did it feel?
- Did it take you out of your comfort zone? Why or why not?
- Knowing that, what would it take to convince a friend to join you?
- Is there a time you can think of where you, or someone you know, encountered the gap in the coverage quilt?
- What do you consider to be an effective tactic to get an elected official to fight for a healthcare cause?
- Name a knowledge gap you have about the U.S. healthcare system and a way you think you could fill it.
- Which quote in the book most inspired you?
- What story from the book sticks with you most?
- Which statistics were most compelling? Where there any that surprised you?
- What were some of the most convincing arguments to make healthcare a right in the US? What were some of the least convincing?
I am happy to join your book group via Skype! Please contact me to schedule. Thank you!
Book groups can get discounts on bulk purchases! Contact me for more information.